Have you been seeking for undergraduate scholarship in the UK for international students? Take advantage of this undergraduate scholarship at the University of Kent.
The University of Kent is one of the leading universities in the UK. The University of Kent is offering an opportunity to become a part of its International Students Scholarship academic award. The International development awards scholarship worth £10,000 to successful applicants.
The University provides applicants with opportunities for developing skills to be prepared for a career. You get a beautiful environment, well-trained lecturers, and top-class facilities.
The school has an extended study program and also provides an opportunity to work while studying. Application for the GREAT Scholarship is still open.
Table of Contents
The University offers a wide range of courses. We will be looking at a few of the courses and you can find the course that is suitable for you here.
Kent Business School
The Kent Business School is among the 1% of top global institutions to gain Triple Crown accreditation from three top business institutions. And was also ranked among the top 250 for business and Economics in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2020
Kent Law School
The Law School was ranked 45th globally in the Times Higher Education World Ranking, 2021.
School of Computing
The School of Computing is ranked 8th in the UK for research intensity in the Complete University Guide 2022.
School of Politics and International Relation
The School of Politics and International Relations has an exciting and dynamic environment to study
The GREAT Scholarship
The GREAT Scholarship is funded jointly by the UK Government, British Council, Great Britain campaign, and the University of Kent, as part of the UK study campaign. The Scholarship Wort £10,000 will be awarded for a total number of 6 awards. For people of these regions;
The award will go for one year of tuition fees. The award categories go like this; China (1), India (1), Kenya (1), Malaysia(1), Nigeria(1), Thailand(1), available for the 2022 academic year. Check for your country eligibility, here
The scholarships are worth £10,000 per year of study at the University of Kent towards the cost of tuition fees and are offered to the mentioned countries.
Location and Campuses
The University has three campuses in Kent, located in parkland.
Canterbury Is the main campus that includes 6 colleges. It is a beautiful view of eye sites and it overlooks the beautiful city of Canterbury.
Medway campus is located near the towns of Chatham and Rochester on the site of a formal naval base. It has a vibrant mixture of modern and historical buildings.
Tonbridge The Tonbridge campus was established as the school of continued education
Brussels Brussel is said to be the gateway to the real world of international relations, policymaking, and international law.
The University also has centers in other parts of Europe including Paris, Athens, and Rome.
The rankings were carried out by the Guardian Subject rankings, it revealed outstanding performance in the areas of Architecture, Drama and Dance, Economics, English and Creative Writing, Film Production and Photography, History of Art, Journalism, Politics, Religious Studies and Theology, and Social Policy.
The University of Kent was ranked 17th out of 122 institutions in the UK for research passion, 97% was judged to be of international quality, this ranking was carried out in 2014 by Research Excellence Framework.
- 46th in the Times University Guide 2022
- 50th in the Guardian University Guide 2022
- 383rd in QS World University Rankings 2022
The UK Government Teaching Excellence Framework awarded Kent Gold, being the highest rating, this rating was carried out by examining;
- Students satisfaction
- Continuous rate
- Employment rates
- Academic support
How to apply
Applicants for the GREAT Scholarship should make their application through their application portal. You will be able to apply for the GREAT Scholarship if you have been offered admission to any of your selected programs from the University of Kent.
To be considered for the GREAT Scholarship award you will need to submit;
- Letter of Personal Statement: The personal statement is also known as a Statement of Purpose letter. Is a letter that has a maximum of 500 words, it shows your academic strength, what you are expecting to gain from the programme, what’s your long term goal and how you intend to use your experience and knowledge in the future.
- Reference letter: This is a letter that shows how well someone knows you, why they think you are a fit for the scholarship, and why they think you will be an asset to the department. And it is usually from a previous teacher, employer or supervisor at the place of work.
- Academic Transcript: This comprises your grades in school. This is sent from your school to the intended school you applied to.
- Admission requirements: Applicants must have checked the entry requirements of the programme before applying to make sure they are fit to apply.
- Language requirements: Applicants who are not of English origin will need to submit an English language test
To be able to apply for the scholarship you must meet the following criteria;
- Have received an offer and have accepted the offer before the application deadline
- Be starting your course in September
- Be active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the work area
- Be willing to represent UK Higher Education experience by attending tutorials, lectures, and participating in extracurricular activities
- Be willing to create an engagement with the UK as a Scholar through personal and academic fulfillment
- Represents the high standards of Great brand and advocating for scholarships.
- Be willing to attend meetings to discuss your experience
Who can appl
The citizens of the countries mentioned are eligible to apply for the GREAT Scholarship. All those who can study at university should apply.
Note: The Great Scholarship will be awarded based on the information given during the application submission. And it’s not based on first come first serve.
The application deadline is 30 April 2022
This scholarship opportunity is one of the undergraduate scholarships in the UK for international students, at the University of Kent. above we have analyze how you can apply for this scholarship. kindly hep us know if you are experiencing any difficulty in the comment box.