Tijani Babangida, former Super Eagles player has urged compatriot, Taiwo Awoniyi to stay put at Liverpool and not consider any loan or exit offers from the club.
Taiwo Awoniyi, signed by Liverpool signed six years ago after the striker impressed for Nigeria at the Under-17 level. Nigeria and Awoniyi won the FIFA U-17 World Cup.
Since the Reds signed Taiwo Awoniyi who was in heavily coveted by several top clubs at the time, he has not played a single minute for the club. This is because he was unable to secure a work permit in England. However, luck seems to have shone on Taiwo as he recently secured a work permit to play in England.
Because of his inability to secure a work permit, Taiwo Awoniyi had to be loaned to several clubs. One of those clubs is Union Berlin where he impressed despite playing only 21 times for the club.
- Visa Sponsorship Application For Study & Settle in Australia 2023
- Complete SUV Guide For 2022/2023 Canada Start-up Visa Program
- Best Universities In Benin Republic Approved By FG
- The Fastest Way To Get Teaching Jobs In Nigeria
- University or Polytechnic in Nigeria: Differences, Similarities and the Best Alternatives
The Nigerian striker was instrumental for Union Berlin in the German Bundesliga. He was involved in 8 goals in 21 appearances; 5 goals and 3 assists.
Liverpool, blessed with several attacking options in the form of African stars; Mohammed Salah and Sadio Mané and also Brazilian striker, Roberto Firmino, might consider Taiwo Awoniyi surplus to requirements. At the moment, Taiwo Awoniyi seems undecided on whether he should seek a permanent move elsewhere or stay an fight for his place.
Tijani Babangida seems to have an advice for the 23-year old Nigerian striker. The former Ajax winger has urged Taiwo Awoniyi to stay at Liverpool and forced his way into the starting eleven at the red side of Merseyside.
“For Taiwo, I believe that [his work permit] is good news,” Babangida told Tribalfootball.com.
“Congratulations. We can’t wait for him to start playing for Liverpool. The football in Liverpool is always to locate the striker, and I think Taiwo is equal to the task.
“He should stay and fight for his place in Liverpool, not just to be a Liverpool player, always on loan to some clubs in Europe.”
Liverpool, though, have reportedly put an £8m price tag on Awoniyi, who is under contract until 2023.
Check out our top performing blog posts;
- How to make ₦10,000 this month on Boompay
- Have you heard about Bee Network? Free cryptocurrency awaits you
- Is GramFree a scam? Find out here
- Say hello to the legit banking app where you can get free ₦15,000 this week
- What happened to Hannah Gale
- Becky Lemme Smash: What is the story behind this popular meme?
- Who is Nick Sawyer?
- La Buena Vida Review: What is it all about, is it legit or scam?
- Flowextra Review: Is it legit or scam?