University of Twente Scholarships (UTS): All You Need to Know. The University of Twente (UT) is a public technical university located in the Netherlands. It has consistently ranked among the 250 topmost universities in the world. In addition, the citadel of learning has many channels of corporate social responsibilities. As you can see, one of these CSRs is the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS).
Join us as we discuss the opportunity. It might interest you.
Table of Contents
An Overview of the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) Program
To start with, it is a merit-based scholarship offer. Indeed, it is highly competitive – granted to just 50 lucky candidates every 365 days. Mind you, applications are accepted from all over the world, including the EU and EEA. By implication, therefore, the applicants for this program must be running into millions from all over the world.
Well, each of the 50 recipients gets anything between 3000 and 22,000 euros for one year. And, lest I forget, this program is for qualifying masters level courses (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Apart from the money reward you get as a recipient of the University of Twente Scholarship Program, there is even another big honor that you can get:
you stand a chance to get named as a receiver of one of three exclusive honors programs: Research honors, Design honors, and Change Leader honors.
Here is a point I missed earlier: the UTS award money is intended to be spent on tuition. However, it is addressed to the recipients rather than to their institutions. So, the recipients have the freedom to spend it as they wish.
A Message for UTS Applicants Looking to Pursue A Two-year Master’s Program
The University of Twente Scholarship seems targeted at one-year Master’s programs mainly. That is because it is initially awarded for one year only.
But, if you are pursuing a two-year program instead, what happens? What happens is that you can get it for a second year, but it is not until you have re-merited it for the second year. So, you will have to meet the application requirements for the second year all over before you can extend the award.
So, what are the pre-qualification requirements for the second year of the UTS Program? First, the recipient must earn an average grades of 7 out of 10 at the end of the 3rd quartile of the first year. Next, the recipient must earn 50% European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year.
Additional Scholarships That You Can Enjoy Concurrently With UTS
Unlike most other scholarship programs that don’t allow you to enjoy it with other scholarship programs, UTS officially will enable you to combine it with other scholarship programs. So you can enjoy this privilege, mainly if you have applied for a program that starts in September.
An excellent example of such a scholarship programs is Kipaji Scholarships. Note that you need to have applied for UTS in order to be eligible for Kipaji. However, don’t forget that Kipaji has its own rules and requirements, which you can find here on its official page.
Eligibility Requirements for the University of Twente Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for this program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- An applicant is expected to have currently gained at least a provisional admission into a qualifying Master’s program of the University of Twente to qualify for the UTS program. Because of this, applicants are advised to send in their UT Masters program applications early enough – it can take up to 8 months to get a response after an application is submitted.
- An applicant must have a UT student number.
- An applicant must not have graduated from a UT undergraduate or graduate program.
- An applicant must have fulfilled the requirements for an issue of an entry visa into the Netherlands (this may apply only to non-EU and non-EEA candidates).
- An applicant must fulfill the general English Language requirements of an academic IELTS of 6.5 or TOEFL iBT of 90 minimum. There should be an additional 6.0 IELTD and TOEFL ibt of 20 for a subscore of speaking skills.
- An applicant must not be eligible for such a study loan.
- Students who are among the top 10% of 5% of their class would have an edge.
The general details of the University of Twente Scholarships have been made available to you above. So, if you are so interested in the program, you are advised to take time to consume the information. However, for particulars like dates and deadlines that pertain only to when you happen to be applying for the program, as well as for the qualifying countries and UT Masters programs, you can look up the official program page here.