Have you been seeking for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship? We have all you need to know in this article!
Are thinking of chasing your career in Switzerland?, do you wish to study in Switzerland but do not know your choice of institution and scholarship to choose?. The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship is the best. In this article, I will be enlightening us about the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship is a research scholarship that is available to postgraduate researchers in any field of study, particularly for those who hold a master’s degree, and are willing to come to Switzerland to pursue research at the doctoral or postgraduate level.
The Swiss Government Excellence scholarship is promoted by the Federal Commission of Scholarship(FSC) in collaboration with the Swiss government. This scholarship award is being given out to 180 countries by the Swiss government.
The purpose of this Scholarship strategy is to enhance international exchange and research cooperation among Switzerland and over 180 other countries. It also provides a monthly allowance without the tuition fees, housing allowance, health insurance, and airfare allowance which is for international students.
Details About Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
Level of Study: Ph.D., Postdoctoral, and Masters.
Institutions: Swiss Universities and Swiss Government.
Duration: Depending on the chosen degree.
This scholarship award is being held by one of the Ten Cantonal Universities.
The federal institute of technology or the research institutes.
Types of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
If you are interested in this scholarship it is divided into two parts which are the Research scholarship and the Art Scholarship.
The Research Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to postgraduate researchers in any field of study, particularly to those who have a master’s degree and are willing to come to Switzerland to chase research or continue with their studies at the post-doctoral or doctoral level.
The research scholarship is awarded for research or study at all Swiss important universities of applied sciences and their federal institute of technology including four research institutes. Applicants that are nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher Institute can be considered
The Art Scholarship
This scholarship award is only open to students that are wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland, it is awarded for study at any Swiss university and is also available to applicants from very view countries.
Criteria for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
As an applicant who is aspiring for the Swiss government excellence scholarship you have to meet certain criteria meaning you must possess some special characteristics and documents, below are some of them:
- As a Candidates, you must be born After Dec 31, 1985
- Candidates that have been in Switzerland for over a year most especially at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not qualified
- Also, Candidates must be in control of the necessary language skills required for the research.
- As candidates, you must be ready to give out your research proposal.
- a letter from an academic host professor must be provided by the candidate with his or her CV, at the chosen Swiss university.
- The required language is English
- All world countries are eligible.
- As a candidate, if you have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence scholarship you are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
- You are expected to move to Switzerland during your grant period, as a candidate.
How To Apply For Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
I know with all this you would have been wondering about how you will apply for the Swiss Government excellence scholarship.
However, to apply for a Swiss Government Excellence scholarship you must possess the following documents:
- A well-detailed research proposal.
- A motivation letter
- A full resume with a list of academic awards
- Already signed FSC Application form which must be typed and printed.
- A copy of the letter from an academic host professor.
- A short CV from the academic mentor at the home institution
- Photocopies of the certificates
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport
The application package can be obtained through the representation of your country.
Also, ensure that you submit 2 sets of application letters with the original copy of application documents in the following discretion below:
Ensure that the first set contains the originally signed documents with the confidential letter of recommendation and if Possibly you can also translate it into English. While the other part is the copy of the first set apart from the confidential letter of recommendation and no copies for the second set. And also note that documents are not to be put into plastic folders or binders.
For this scholarship to be awarded there ought to be some great institutions that take part in this research. Of course, some institutions give out this scholarship to students in this article I will be listing the scholarship involved and they are as follow:
- University of the panel.
- The University of Fribourg.
- The University of Bern.
- The University of Geneva.
- The University of Lausanne.
- The University of Lucerne.
- The University of St.Gallen.
- University Neuchatel.
- Federal Institute of Technology.
- And also the university of Zurich.
There are some location institutes involved in this scholarly research.
The Swiss Government excellence scholarship ensures the following provisions and benefits for candidates:
- This Scholarship award amounts to a monthly payment of CHF 1,920.
- The FSC pays mandatory Swiss health insurance for Non-EU and Non-EFTA grantees only
- A year’s half-fare public transportation card is guaranteed.
- Family allowances are not allowed.
- Housing allowance is allowed.
- The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship support services and different trips, sightseeing tours, and dinners are organized for holders.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship Award is a research award that is fully funded by the Swiss government and the Federal Commission of Scholarship.
This scholarship award promotes international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries participants which are highly qualified postgraduate researchers from all academic fields as well as young medical partitioners And I hope this article has been able to enlighten you about the Swiss Government excellence scholarship award.