Brazilian hitman, Neymar Jr has sent a warning to former Barcelona teammate, Lionel Messi ahead of the Copa America Final.
Argentina will take on competition hosts, Brazil at the iconic Maracana stadium on Saturday. The match will decide who will be crowned the best footballing nation in South America.
Messi and Neymar spent four golden trophy years together at Barcelona and despite Neymar’s transfer to Paris Saint Germain some years ago, the duo still remain very good friends.
However, Neymar has decided to put the friendship on the line ahead of the Copa America Final on Saturday.
“Messi is, as I’ve always said, the best player I’ve ever seen play and he’s a great friend, but now we’re in a final, we’re rivals,” said Neymar.
“I want to win and I really want to win this title, which would be my first Copa America.
“Messi has been looking for his first title with the national team for many years, and every time we [Brazil] are not present at the tournament, I cheered for him. That’s what I’ve been cheering for in the 2014 World Cup final, when he faced Germany.
“Now Brazil is in the dispute, so our friendship is on the line. The respect between us is still great but only one can win.
“When you’re friends with someone, it’s hard to forget the friendship you have – but for example when you play video games with a friend, you want to beat him anyway. It’ll be the same thing on Saturday.”
Check out our top performing blog posts;
- How to make ₦10,000 this month on Boompay
- Have you heard about Bee Network? Free cryptocurrency awaits you
- Is GramFree a scam? Find out here
- Say hello to the legit banking app where you can get free ₦15,000 this week
- What happened to Hannah Gale
- Becky Lemme Smash: What is the story behind this popular meme?
- Who is Nick Sawyer?
- La Buena Vida Review: What is it all about, is it legit or scam?
- Flowextra Review: Is it legit or scam?